Mary's Magnificat... (Her Song, And Mine Too)
- My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
- my spirit rejoices in God my Savior
- for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
- From this day all generations will call me blessed:
- the Almighty has done great things for me,
- and holy is his Name.
- He has mercy on those who fear him
- in every generation.
- He has shown the strength of his arm,
- he has scattered the proud in their conceit.
- He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,
- and has lifted up the lowly.
- He has filled the hungry with good things,
- and the rich he has sent away empty.
- He has come to the help of his servant Israel
- for he has remembered his promise of mercy,
- the promise he made to our fathers,
- to Abraham and his children for ever.
Wow!!! What Beauty and depth of Spirit! What Love pours out from the soul of Our Blessed Mother upon hearing the Good News that She was with child and not just any child, but God's very, own Son, Jesus, Who would soon be born with the greatest destiny and purpose of all... to save the world and all mankind from the darkness of sin and death and with the gift of God's Mercy, Forgiveness, Love and His Grace...give Light and the gift of Salvation to all who believe in Him and give their hearts to Him! For Jesus came to give us Life, everlasting... so that our Joy may be complete! How full Mary's life must have felt, most especially on this blessed day... it is clear that her Joy was the most complete it had ever been in Her entire life up until that day, as She rejoiced in beautiful, spontaneous song! :)
- I can't help but say that this is how I felt with both of my pregnancies with my sweet daughter, Audrey and Grace! Both times, upon hearing that I too was with child and that like Mary was called by God to be a mother, I too was called by God to be a mother as well. The blessing I felt from God on both of those very special days that I will always remember and treasure deeply is beyond what I even have words to describe. With Audrey, on that first day I found out she was growing in my womb, I too like Mary was inspired to sing a new song of Joy, gratitude and praise to our God who brought my sweet daughter into being. It is my canticle, my own fiat, and I even recorded it that day and when I found out that I was pregnant with Grace, I also felt the exact same way... my heart was filled, once again, with so much Joy... that like with Audrey, truly my cup overflowed and still does to this day.
- One of my favorite lines from that song goes like this: "Forever life has changed, and only for the greater, God's Glory and God's Beauty, arising in my soul, with secrets far too deep, and sacred to even whisper, I hold and I cherish all this beauty in my heart!" and then it goes on to say... "May my life be always an endless prayer in motion, of praise and thanksgiving to my God, Who's saved my life, and blessed me so deep, that my cup it runnith over, only Goodness and sweet Love will be with me in my life."
It's such a blessed gift to be called by God to be a mother and as much as I will always continue to cherish both my pregnancy journeys... just as much, if not more do I strive with all that I am to be as present as I possibly can to my daughters in every which way... and to cherish each and every, new and precious moment that God gives us... holding the and keeping them saving them and protecting them deep within the depths of my heart where they cannot be touched or corrupted, nor stolen from another. They were made by me and my daughters and God, of course... and they belong to us... for us to enjoy always and forever!!! :)
I hope and pray that every mother feels likewise and I continue to pray for all mothers where ever they are in their journey of motherhood for God's great blessing to be upon them in the most special way! May the Christ Child bless, protect and be with them and their precious children as well! :)