Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Children Are A Blessing, A Gift And Miracle From God Above

Today me and my sweet Baby Girl, (still growing in my womb), are now at 39 weeks and 3 days into our pregnancy journey!  I can't even begin to tell you how very thankful I am to God for hearing and answering my prayers and bringing us this far! What a blessed miracle God has given us, and I don't take it lightly.  I continue to praise Him with all that I am for His Love, His Goodness and Grace!

Throughout this pregnancy with my second daughter and throughout my pregnancy with my first daughter, Audrey, I have continued to meditate upon the fact and sacred, God given Truth that, "children are a blessing and gift from God, the fruit of the womb a reward." (Psalm 127:3).  They really are... and today, especially I revel in this beautiful Truth and all the boundless Joy it brings me to realize that God truly has chosen me once again, to be the mother of another one of His precious children... a true blessing and miracle sent from Heaven above... and this too, I do not take lightly.

God's precious children He blesses us with are so beautiful, so precious, so innocent and pure that we, as parents can even feel unworthy at times of such a precious, priceless, beautiful, Heavenly gift from God... (at least I have at times).  Though, if and when we feel this way, we must especially remember during these times that it is God Who chose to bless us with these children in the first place, and certainly He must feel that we are worthy and capable and loving enough to care for them, Love them, cherish them and teach and raise to live lives that are pleasing to God and honor and glorify Him in all ways! :)

More than anything that is my Hope, wish and dream for my daughters... that they will continue to live holy, beautiful, Grace-filled, Love-filled, God-centered lives, with Christ as their Savior, Teacher, and Best Friend, and that their lives will always continue to be pleasing to God, bringing Him honor and glory in all ways!

I believe that a child cannot help but do these things from the very moment of its conception in its mother's womb, and I truly believe it's our great task and vocations as parents to not so much feel the need to teach and preach to our children how to accomplish this... but to simply look and listen and really see our precious children with the eyes, ears and senses of our hearts and souls and see how they are already doing that, naturally... and encourage and draw forth this God-given, blessed behavior and way of being. After all, it's children who have so much to teach us.... more than we might ever even begin to image, if we but only give them the patience, time and opportunity! :)

That's what is especially in my heart at this moment, as I truly continue to cherish these last few days, (or so), with my beautiful, new daughter continuing to grow and bloom and move about, so Gracefully in my womb... as I prepare for her birth!

I continue to pray for all pregnant mothers that their pregnancy journey with be the most special and blessed gift to them... and that their babies will be healthy, (and mothers too), and that they will have a beautiful, Grace-filled, Joyful, and blessed birth! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment